We can see a vending machine, brought inland by the tsunami, in an abandoned rice field.
It’s quite hard to understand how the lump of iron was carried from downtown, but this fact silently tells us the fear of the massive tsunami.
Today is just 5 years since the unforgettable day
We know that looking back at the miserable past is painful and sad, but it’s necessary to remind something precious, and prepare for better future.
Let’s see how Fukushima was like after the unprecedented earthquake.
– Street lamps light the street in the empty town –
– A beach littered with barriers, wrecked cars and other debris –
– A small monument to victims sits in front of an abandoned house –
– Inside a damaged primary school –
– A woman leans against the damaged grave of her relative –
– Firefighters from Kyoto pay respect to victims –
– Dense vegetation is seen from inside an abandoned house –
– Light and power lines from the nuclear power plant –
– The decaying control panel of a public address system –
– Plastic bags, containing radiated soil, sit dumped at a tennis court –
Even now after 5 years, many people who were related with the disaster struggle to live in not completely safe place.
But Fukushima has got the beauty back with strong will day by day, and the positive attitude inspires people over Japan.
At last, we appreciate if you could pray silently for seconds from your places.
Thank you for reading to the end.